Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

how do I unlock my apple i-pad after wrong password XXXXX en

Customer Question

how do I unlock my apple i-pad after wrong password XXXXX entered
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your iPad disabled now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Your iPad is completely disabled and everything on it will be deleted. You have to restore (reset it to factory settings) your iPad from iTunes on your computer. That is your only way to fix the problem. You must restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition. Follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

If you don't have iTunes application installed on your computer, download and install it from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi Kenneth, Just checking. How is it going ?