Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

have just downloaded latest software for the iPad mini and

Customer Question

have just downloaded latest software for the iPad mini and iphone (4s). Everything seems ok apart fro my Kindle App. Tried to access my books but error message instructed to delete App and re-load. Have done this but after 'synching' no books were found - they also exist on my Kindle device. Are there setting combinations that must be made on my iMac, iphone, iPad and iTunes so that synch can take place
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked for updates with the App Store icon?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no - although I have downloaded the latest version of the kindle App for IO7

OK I suggest you update everything first. Then let me know
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have updated everything in the last 24 hours. I only started the whole process last night

Ok when you open the Kinlde app on the iPad go to Settings at the bottom right. Under Registration do you see your name listed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes - it shows my correct Registration Name and kindle email address

Ok select that and then Deregister this device. Then sign in again with the proper Amazon email account and password. See if sync will work now
I just meant with the same email address and password not to imply what was there was wrong. Let me know