Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

My mini iPad has been stolen what can I do

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Brandon and I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

Were you able to find it using Find My iPhone? What do you mean the pad is locked?

JACUSTOMER-zafbwcag- : I have used the four digest code to lock it this means that until some one breaks the code and goes online the find my iPhone app won't work is there any way around this I have it's serial number
Brandon M. :

Ah, I understand - So it does not have cellular.

JACUSTOMER-zafbwcag- : No there is no SIM card in it
Brandon M. :

Ah, ok. Sadly, without it having internet access and beings there is a code so people cannot get into it to get it on WiFi, there will be no way to track this device. My best suggestion to you would be to contact your local police department and let them know that your iPad has been stolen. They will ask for the serial number. If it is turned in, they can contact you.

Brandon M. :

You can also report it stolen to Apple, if you wish: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2526

Brandon M. :

Err, I'm sorry, that is the same thing I just told you

Brandon M. :

I hope I have been helpful today. If you have no further questions regarding this, please be sure to rate positively in the lower right corner. Remember to rate based on the service you received, not based on the circumstances.

Brandon M. :

Do you still need assistance with this? If not, please be sure to rate the service to close out the session.

Brandon M. :

Please remember to rate based on the service you received, not based on the circumstances.