Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

hi, i haave a 13.3 mac book pro model a1278 that is not stating

Customer Question

hi, i haave a 13.3 mac book pro model a1278 that is not stating up.battery seems fine screen lights up and a little icon is going round and round. it makes a noise when you first turn on but the keypad has no life and the led front light goes out.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

This common problem can be solved in one of a few ways. Please, try each of the procedures that I have typed below. If it doesn't work, move on to the next solution.

While the Laptop is on, please, do the following:
- Press the power off button, press "S", and then press Enter (this puts it into sleep mode)
- Press and hold the POWER button and keep it depressed for 30 seconds
- Let go of the power button
- Press the power button again to turn it on.

I will type up the next solution for you, just in case this doesn't work. After you are complete, please, let me know if it did or did not work.

I will have the next process complete by the time you are ready.

- Jason