Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

when i click on my documents in Finder it opens I photo and

Customer Question

when i click on my documents in Finder it opens I photo and when i do the same with downloads clean my mac opens how can i fix it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What type of documents are they ? When did this problem started?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its the documents folder in my favorites in finder.. i can view the content but i have to open it in the dock because when i press the documents folder it defaults to I photo alo when i click on downloads in finder it defaults to clean my mac which is in applications

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Just trash iPhoto and then try to open. Don't empty iPhoto from trash.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Open it and what happens ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

still defaults to i photo i put all the i photo libraries in the trash but and remove i photo from the dock but it still defaulted to iphoto

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
What version of Mac Os X are you using ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Version 10.8.5

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
We can reinstall your Mac OS X and that should fix it. Reinstalling the OS X replace the system files and won't delete any others. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time. This will boot into Mac OS X Utilities menu. Select Reinstall Mac OS X option in there and follow the onscreen instructions.

And put the iPhoto and Libraries back to the Appications and Pictures folder before reinstlling OS X.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.