Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

I cant switch in my mini ipad I have tried rebooting it but it appear

Customer Question

I can't switch in my mini ipad I have tried rebooting it but it appears dead. I have fully charged it.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear this happened. Lets try a couple of options. I know that you have tried the home and power, try those again but hold them both down at the same time for 30 seconds or until you see the Apple logo. If that does not get it started then try the DFU recovery-mode restor. To do this you will need iTunes installed on your computer. >CLICK HERE TO INSTALL iTunes< if it is not already on your computer.
  1. Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPad until step 3.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
    • If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPad. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:
    USB cord pointing the iTunes symbol
    Note:
    If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
  5. iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:

Alert text: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."
    "iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes."

Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
  6. Use iTunes to restore the device.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi this does not work.

I cannot complete step 2 as this is the problem?!?!?! It wont power on so I can't power off as its already off. I then wnt to step 3 and connected the ipad using the usb whilst holding the home button but unfortunately no joy. I now have to visit an apple store as your advice was not consistant with my question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry to hear that your ipad is not turning on...:(

Unfortunately, if the reset does not work, it is a hardware problem and it needs to be repaired/replaced.

But there is one option which I would like to try - connect it to the charger for 30 minutes, then with the ipad still connected to the charger, try the reset by pressing and hold the power button and the home button together for 30-60 sec.

If it still does not come on, I am sorry to say, but to be honest with you, it is a hardware damage. However, if your ipad is under warranty, you will get a free replacement from the apple store, provided there is no water/physical damage.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty. Wish you good luck.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I have already done just that. I do not feel the advice I have been given warrants payment for as it was ovbious that was what I would do if you could not solve my problem. I was trying to resolve this problem without taking it back. Please do not charge.
No worries, I will send in your request for refund.

I am sorry we could not resolve your issue, and that is primarily because it is a hardware damage.

Have a great day!