Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I dropped my ipad but did not smash screen but it doesnt now

Customer Question

I dropped my ipad but did not smash screen but it doesn't now work and won't even switch on?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Alison! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. You may have damaged the iPad internal hardware since it was dropped, but can you please try to restart the iPad the following way, and see if it works:

Please press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check, then check.

Edit: Please let me know if you still need help with this. Thank you,