Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

can you help me find the photos I saved on my Mac this morning

Customer Question

can you help me find the photo's I saved on my Mac this morning and now don't seem to be able to find?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.
Did you use iPhoto to transfer the photos?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I saved them onto iphoto

Ok. I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can only get as far as "utilities", "Disk Utility" is not highlighted so when I click on it nothing happens

Just double click on it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing happens

Do you have your system install disk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I found the answer, I saved the photo's under a different login. Sorry for the trouble :)

OK but if you can't even open the Disk Utility you have problems. You should check or you could lose everything.