Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

hi, my iphoto is held on an external drive and the drive

hi,
my iphoto is held on an external drive and the drive was removed whilst i was updating photos. now my library is blank and contains only some photos (ones held in albums)
PLEASE Help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You need to have the photos added again

Close iPhoto then hold Alt (option) while launching iPhoto, click the Select Library button and choose your External Drive.

they will then go back into iPhoto.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Sam,

Please just tell me the results, there is no reason to give a Poor rating now, indicating I have provided you a poor service, when we are not even finished yet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry thought you were gone

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, I am here Sam, waiting.

Why did you think I was gone? what were the results from my instructions?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry that just gives me the library with no photos

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
When you held Alt (option) while launching iPhoto, did you click the Select Library button and choose your External Drive?

And why did I get such a bad rating from you? As this really looks bad for me now.

Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i retract your bad rating

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
only by changing it on my last answer Sam by clicking a smiley.

we can continue still, just respond to the question on it as well please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this just gives me the same library with no photos although if i look at the file on the drive it says its got 86gigs in it

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can I log on and look please on the connected computer?

It is easier to work with you on this. You can see and control everything I do

Click the below link and click START MEETING on the web page

www.joinme.com

It will download a program to your computer

Run the program by double clicking it, and it will give you a set of 9 numbers

Give me the numbers at the top of the screen (exaple: 456-789-123) in your message to me here please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

696-126-491

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

actually mate they dont seem to be coming in

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
How do you mean? I saw over 500 coming in

Did you give it time to complete?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it still says 500 and is stuck on one image

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
give it 5 minutes

If it is still stuck on that picture, let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

also there should be WAY more than 500 photos

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is importing everything on the drive Sam.

Has it passed 500?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still on 490

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, so it has progressed then.

Let it complete please Sam, as it is importing at the moment.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will do. so did you only import pics from within iphoto

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Correct, and we imported from the drive Sam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is importing all the other stuff that was on the external drive massive video files etc

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will only do photos Sam, I believe your seeing the content itself on the drive.

Can I connect again to your computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its not the photos from iphoto its other stuff from that drive

the iphoto file size has gone up from 86 gig to 107 gig and only 6 files had to stop it as i could see what it was large video files that i had on that drive how do you re connect

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Run Joinme and give me the numbers again please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

738-155-040

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Connected