Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

need to enter my original apple id on my I pad which [email protected]

Customer Question

need to enter my original apple id on my I pad which [email protected] however my provider has changed [email protected] help please
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though your provider has changed and you have a new email address, you can still sign into your Apple ID with your OLD Email address (that you used when you made the Apple ID). These are not linked.

Are you able to sign in with it? If not, what error do you get?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

answer I get is apple id or password incorrect

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Charles.

If it fails, and you do not have access to the email account for the password reset, then you will not be able to recover access to the account.

This is why it is always very important to keep the details up to date (eg: Change the email address linked to it when it changes).

What you will need to do is create a new Apple ID. This is free and you can do this via my link below via your Computer.

Click me to Open

Then on that webpage, click Create an Apple ID.

Once you have created this ID, you can then use this ID for registering on your iPad. Jusst make sure please to update it whenever your email address changes again, to avoid being in this situation.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.