Daniel
Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have an apple iPad and pay a monthly subscription for the

I have an apple iPad and pay a monthly subscription for the digital Telegraph. For 3 weeks now the paper no longer loads down. Why? It just freezes up. Thanks for advice. Sigi Taylor
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Daniel :

Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Daniel :

I suggest resetting the iPad. Press and hold both the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons down together. Keep the down until you see the Apple before letting go.
Ignore the red slider as that only turns it off.
It may take a few minutes to come back to life so give it time.
Then let me know.

Customer: Sorry, Daniel, but I had already tried that and did it again. I only get as far as having the blanc square on the screen with the day and date of the daily telegraph primted above and the small inner circle moving which normally brings up the content and narks the percentage of the loading on the side. Nothing like that happens anymore. Underneath the square it asks me to validate my subscription which I do by getting i to GENERAL top right of the page. After filling in my email and password XXXXX the Telegraph sub, it freezes again and does not respond to the submit button!!!
Daniel :

Ok, then delete the app and reinstall it.

Daniel :

Sorry it took so long to get back, I was offline.