Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I recently plugged my new iPad Air into my Mac Book Pro to

Customer Question

I recently plugged my new iPad Air into my Mac Book Pro to download my photos which worked very well but now I can't access my Kindle books purchased on the iPad. I only have the ones purchased on the Mac Book. When I go into iCloud I can see that my password XXXXX XXXXX wrong length, I change it and it verifies with a tick and goes back to the wrong one again. My Mac Book does not show any of the recently purchased items but my iMac does. All items have been successfully downloaded onto my iPhone and my Kindle. I just can't seem to get past the wrong password XXXXX the iPad.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I would like you to do the following on the iPad please.

Hold the power button and home button for about 10 seconds, until you see the logo. When you do, release the buttons and let the iPad restart.

When it has, try to access your books and tell me if it is now functioning correctly please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have tried that several times, just tried again it still didn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ally,

I want you then to reinstall the App please, to remove the corruption it has.

Hold your finger down on the Kindle App until it shakes, then press on the X to remove it.

Once done, restart the iPad and install the app from the App Store.

Tell me please if after doing this, you can now access your books.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still keeps saying you have no items downloaded to this device and shows the original downloads from Mac Book Pro on iCloud. I have over 100 books on my iMac but now only 13 on the iPad Air and on the Mac Book. I thick it could be something to do with the wrong Apple ID password which I keep changing but it goes back to the wrong one automatically.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ally,

If it really is not changing the Apple ID password, then the firmware itself is corrupt, and we are going to have to reinstall it.

First, make sure you backup any content from the iPad, as this is going to remove all content and return the device to new. Apps you can download again without purchasing.

Then go on the ipad to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and settings.

Let this complete and as part of the setup procedure you will be required to register with your Apple ID. This is where it will accept the correct password.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you everything seems to be working ok now, except that I have just tried to write a letter on 'Pages' and my cursor has disappeared so I can't write anything. I have tried rebooting but that didn't work.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I would need you to make a new question with this Ally, as it is not related to the Kindle issue you have, and will need to be troubleshooted.

Can I ask please you rate me on this question as we have you now working with the Kindle App, and create a new question on my link here.

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=12303

I can then assist you with this new question.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Having reset my iPad I have retrieved all my kindle ebooks by downloading them all again but have lost all my photos and am worried that if I plug my iPad back into my laptop I will lose all the Kindles again like I did last time.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ally

You should not lose the Kindle again like last time.

Plug it into the Laptop and if you have any problems just let me know please.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Plugged it in as asked absolutely nothing happening, has been "loading" for at least 15 minutes, but still have Kindles.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
How do you mean it has been loading?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On iPhoto it shows my device "Ally's iPad" but in top right had conner just says loading. I thought it would download photos from laptop automatically, am I missing something.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, you need to click on Sync Ally so it will sync the photos to the iPad