Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I got ablocked plug in on you tube,clicked and it said I needed

I got ablocked plug in on you tube,clicked and it said I needed to download new adobe flash player.I tried this but it said administrator's name and password XXXXX incorrect when I tried to install it.I share the computer with my wife,went on her side and she had the same instruction.I used her name and password XXXXX install new adobe flash player for her.Could it be that I do not have administrator's privileges on my computer and need to set something up?My wife's away at the moment so can't help.Not sure what to do?
[email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ? What does your Mac shows now ? (in youtube)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know I'm afraid.I'm, not technical.It says I must download the new That's all I know.adobe flash player.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
To know the version number, click on the Apple icon and select About This Mac. It should be like Mac OS X 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.3, 10.9.1 etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's OSX 10.6.8

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
This is a known issue with latest flash player. Apple has blocked old flash player support from latest Safari. I will help you to reinstall latest flash player

Do you have the Mac OS X installation disc came with your Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid I don't.What is that?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
They are the discs came with your Mac to reinstall OS X, reset password XXXXX

Do you have access to wife's account and her password XXXXX ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I do.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you talking to me from this Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm talking to you from this mac,my account.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I want you to login to your Wife's account, so we can reset the password XXXXX also fix flash player issue. So, do you have any other computer/laptop or tablet with you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would that be my password?hers worked.

I have no other device with m I'm afraid.

How can I log into her account and stay in touch with you?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
sYes, we can reset your password XXXXX her account. Also, we can fix flash player directly from your account after we reset the password.

Before logging out and login to her account, add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites. So if you are unable to get back to me from her account, you can login to your account and get back to me through the bookmark.

Logout from your account and login to her account. Then open Safari, go to www.justanswer.com or www.justanswer.co.uk website. Then login with your username and password, go to My Questions tab and you can find this question there. Then click on it and this will page will open and we can continue our conversation. Please reply back here from her account and I will give you the instructions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I'll be waiting for you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik,

I went on the website but only saw where you enter a new question,not

My Questions.Really sorry.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you talking to me from your account or your wife's account ?

Login to her account and go to this website : http://goo.gl/jRAHy5

Note down the above website link. Just go to that link from her account and you will be taken to this question directly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Back on my own account.Finding no match with that website

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
This is the direct link for your question : http://www.justanswer.co.uk/mac-computers/89vgs-ablocked-plug-tube-clicked-needed.html

Can you email this link to yourself or to your wife's email ? So you can get to this question directly from the email (you can check mail from Safari).

Or I will give you instructions to reset your account's password XXXXX her account. It is easy. On her account, go to System Preferences from Apple menu. Then click Accounts. In Accounts, click on the Lock icon in the left bottom to unlock the screen. Then select your account in the list and then click Reset Password XXXXX Then change the password. Then logout and login to your account and see if the new password XXXXX or not.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I might wait until she gets back before I do this.Your advice has been fantastic.Thankyou very much.I'm just so nervous about computers.

Thankyou

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You can also fix Flash Player from her account too. Here are the instructions to fix flash player issue (can be done from any account)

Go to Macintosh HD > Library folder and open Internet Plugins folder. Then trash all files from there.

After trashing all files from Internet Plugins folder, download Flash Player uninstaller from here : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg

The uninstaller is a small app which will delete old flash player and all its related files. Then download and install latest flash player from this link : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/12.0.0.44/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

And make sure to do all Software Updates from Apple > Software Updates.

If you've any trouble doing the steps above, please reply back here and I will be more than happy to walk you through it. I will stick with you until we sort this out.

Best Regards,
Ashik