James
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

Is it worth waiting for the 2014 MacBook Pro or just go for

Is it worth waiting for the 2014 MacBook Pro or just go for oct 2013 ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.

The new model will have a faster CPU, larger hard drives, and there is a possibility, not confirmed yet, that it will have a fingerprinter reader.

In my opinion, it is not worth waiting, unless you don't really need a computer right now.

Hope this helps!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cheers James
Yep missing my MBP at the mo sick of my hated ipad.
Am I right thinking February to October they normally come up with a new one ?
I tested the 512gb flash drive and have a time capsule so don't need space but faster CPU could be worth waiting for, would you consider a mac pro the new black thing looks a beast might try one for 14 days may keep it
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
I would love to have one of the new pros, but it's really, really expensive just now. I'd probably wait a year for prices to come down.

I think there will be a refresh for macbooks around spring, but of course no one knows for sure!

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
James I'm a bit of an Apple sado lol. I was used to a late 2011 MBP i7 quad just returned the £2199 model it was the same apart from not getting so hot.
I too would love one of them black babes but Apple said no no just for the pro.
If I had the black pro upstairs how could I make it a network for downstairs is that possible ?
Also on my time capsule I have my old MBP parallels windows 7 but I tried transferring all the info with time machine no go and the new MBP has no bloody drive lol any ideas are u an Apple man then ? Paul
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul, yes - I'm certainly an Apple man.

The new Mac Pro doesn't come with drives - you connect external storage to the machine, that's the whole point :)

You can certainly network the machines together, either via wireless or wired, if you have Ethernet going between the locations.

One of the new wireless routers will be fast enough, though.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
James
Great your an Apple man, I love em, so you don't think I will be disappointed with the new pro ?
Going back to a desk top scares me, but the 2kg 15" is to heavy to carry around and I never take it out,
Only to Apple for repairs, I have a 4k tv down stairs and 1080p upstairs.
How without a cable, of the new pro is upstairs can I get it to work downstairs I have since sold my 2011 MBP because of battery issues.

I have a 4th gen time capsule downstairs tho
Cheers
Paul
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul,

I think you will be very thrilled with the new Pro!

You can get a wireless adapter for it, or a wireless-to-ethernet bridge. It's easy, and they sell those at any local computer store.

Many thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert