Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

My apple iphone4 light used for photo flash and the torch facility

Customer Question

My apple iphone4 light used for photo flash and the torch facility is permanently on therefore draining the battery very quickly. The two functions work ok. Please advise me in how to switch it off when not in use. Thank yoy
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 3 years ago.

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Did you mean the flash light is not turning off?

Also, could you please tell me what version of iOS is on your iphone? you can find the version by going to settings > general > about.

Vinod
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The light is permanently on but not at the intensity of the flash or torch. The iOS is 7.0.4
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The light remains on permanently when not in use as flash or torch but at a reduced intensity
Thank you, Michael.

let's first check whether the light is turned on permanently. Just swipe up from the bottom of the iphone screen. This will bring up the control center. You will find a torch icon to the bottom left. Just tap on it and check whether it turns off the light.

If not, let me know. This could be a software issue and we need to do some troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No that does not turn it off. As I said it is permanently on when the flash or torch facilities are not in usr
Then I am afraid it is a software/hardware issue.

Let's try a reset first.

Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

Let me know whether that resolves your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
If the reset did not resolve the issue, the more chances are that it is a hardware issue. Now we need to try a restore...:(

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iphone. Your iphone name would now be listed in itunes. Click on the iphone name and now to the middle of the screen, you will find the "restore iphone" button.

Click on it and restore the iphone. After the restore is complete, you will have two options - whether to restore from a backup or to set up as new. Select restore from backup.

If the restore too does not resolve the issue, it is indeed a hardware fault and you would need to get it repaired/replaced. You can get the replacement by going to a nearby apple store or by calling the apple care. If your iphone is under warranty, you will get a free replacement provided there is no physical/water damage.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This has not helped me in any way. I would like my money returned. Thank you

I understand. Unfortunately, hardware issues cannot be resolved through us.

You can go for the refund through the following link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you have any issues using that link, let me know. I will raise a refund request from my end.