Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I cant connect my ipad to my home wi fi. Have followed all

I can't connect my ipad to my home wi fi. Have followed all the advice about forgetting my network and reconnecting and have reset my network settings.

My wifi is working on my PC - so I think the modem router is working. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me the error you get please when the iPad fails to connect to the wifi?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It says Unable to join the network 'Dreger' which is the name of my network.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Can you remove the power from your wifi router and wait 5 minutes.

While waiting, on the iPad hold the power and home button down for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Then power on the wifi router and wait 5 minutes.

Then try to connect the iPad to the wifi and Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much. That's worked. I'm grateful to know what to do in future.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your most welcome

The problem was the iPads lease on the router, so if this ever happens again, just repeat my procedure.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.