Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

received e-mail fro apple saying I have download apple program

received e-mail fro apple saying I have download apple program on device in Spain I am in U K , do not have an Apple device no an Apple account
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Someone has created an Apple ID using your email address. This could have been by mistake, or someone you know, but this is why you are receiving the email about thiis.

They will be installing an app on either their iPad, iPhone or Mac computer.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am aware of what and how this ha ppened n, have no one in Spain, and want to know how resolve the situation stop this person using an account in my name. and avoid been ripped off

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, you will not be ripped off, as they cannot charge anything to you.

What you need to do is a password XXXXX do this here.

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

You reset the password XXXXX the Apple ID.

Once you have access, you cannot close it (Apple have no process for this) but just make the password XXXXX different, then stop using it and the person who has registered it will not have access again.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot reset my password XXXXX I do not have an apple ID

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
the Apple ID is your email address, the one you received the emails on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried twice using link in letter. comes up will authencate by e-mail and previous reply appears

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, did you receive the email as when it says will authenticate via email, it will send an email to you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but it just showed answers to previos questions

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I dont understand your response.

the link I gave is to reset the password XXXXX the account.

Did you follow this through?

I dont understand "yes but it just showed answers to previos questions" Sorry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I have received e-mail in response but it gave no other instructions just listed all your replies

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thats emails from this website, I am talking about emails from Apple when you run the reset as I instructed.

Your looking at emails from me, not the Apple ones.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is the only e\-mail reply the I am recei ving I do not have an Apple account opened by me. I have no Apple device This is the only time I have had need to contact Apple

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, your going to have to call Apple.

I am not clear on what happened when you did my initial instructions, as you indicated you got emails, but now I find you were looking at the wrong emails.

You call them on 0845(NNN) NNN-NNNNand have them close this account if it is indeed registered in your email address.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K seems to be sorted Not holding my breath

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, good to hear, I am still not sure why the password XXXXX was not performing, but it could have been a mistake in Apples Databases, and not created by anyone.

Main thing is, no one can charge you for Apps ect based just on the Email address, they would also need your credit card for this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the offer of a 7day trail b ut as I do not have any Mac gadgets I do not need it