Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Hi there, Error message - Cannot connect to Server - appears

Hi there, Error message - Cannot connect to Server - appears when I try and use email on my Apple mini Ipad. My email is BT internet. Do you know what I can do to use my email again please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Has it worked before and just stopped working now?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was working up until Thursday 13th February.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Can you go on the iPad to Settings, General, reset, Reset Network Settings.

This will not touch your data, but you will need to connect to your wifi network again.

Once you have done this, tell me if it now connects please Norma.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry I didn't realise I would be doing stuff on it and I don't have it with me as I'm at work. Sorry. It looks like I wasted your time. But I will try the things you have suggested.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I will tell you both steps that will guarantee fix this.

The first is what I initially told you, if this fails, then just add the account back again.

To do this, go to Settings, Mail, press on your BT Account and press Delete Account (this only removes it from the iPad, does not actually delete the account).

Then hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple Logo, then release. This will restart it.

Then go to Settings, Mail and add the BT Account again, like you initially did. This will get it working again as it will fix the corrupted details for the account.

I have marked this question to never close, so when you do do my instructions, if you have any problems following them, just let me know here, this is no problem and no time limit on this.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.