Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a mid 2007 2o-inch iMac. (iMac 7,1) I know that it only

I have a mid 2007 2o-inch iMac. (iMac 7,1) I know that it only has two RAM slots and will take either 1 or 2 GB in each. Since it was built things have changed and I am hoping I might be able to fit 2 X 4GB to make a total of 8. Possible? The computer is working well with Maverick, having accepted all new systems till now. Also can I buy and fit a bigger hard drive present 250GB?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Apple officially support only up to 4GB for iMac 7,1. But iMac 7,1 can handle up to 6GB as per reports. Only iMac models from 2008 onwards can handle 8GB and more.

So you will not be able to use 2 x 4GB but should be able to use 1 x 4GB + 1 x 2GB
So you just need to buy a 4GB module since you have the 2GB one.

You can buy RAM from here : http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/iMac/Intel_Core_2_Duo

Re: hard disk, your Mac can handle up to 4TB (1 TB = 1024 GB)

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik