Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

have an apple ipad2, when i try the set up it asks for a password

have an apple ipad2, when i try the set up it asks for a password XXXXX my talktalk network,i put in my password XXXXX my main computer connected to the same and it does not recognise it. have tried the password XXXXX the back of the router without success
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the error or message after entering the password? What's the model of your router? Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac, etc.?

Viet - Mac Tech :

When you are available, please reply at the box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer:

after clicking join network with my password XXXXX saysunable to join network dismiss talktalk-e6473c router have a laptop and dell inspiron all in one connected computer with ethernet cable laptop wireless laptop windows8 computer windows7

Viet - Mac Tech :

Can we do a remote session, so I can check on the router's compatibility settings for you?

Customer:

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please click on the website below, then join session, and allow the screenconnect program to run:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=fed25eab-121b-4113-9f8b-b1c05745cff3

Viet - Mac Tech :

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you,