Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

How can one clear all recordings on classic i-pod

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you want to erase everything from your iPod ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but leave everything on I-tunes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes but leave everything on I tunes

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You mean leave everything on iTunes of your computer ? To confirm, you want to delete everything from your iPod and return it to out of box state but keep everything on your iTunes on your computer. Right ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Absolutely corect !!!

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
To do this, all you have to do is simply restore the iPod and setup it as new. Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes. In iTunes select your iPod in the top right (or left if using old iTunes).

Under Summary tab, click Restore button. This will restore your iPod to out of box state. After restoring, you will get two options. Restore from backup and setup it as new iPod. Select setup it as new iPod. That's it. Everything on your iPod will be cleared. Make sure all the songs in your iTunes Library before restoring it.

Please let me know how it goes...

Best Regards,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
John, is it restoring ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I cannot find any icon for i-pod in top right or left side to get into summary

but I am a very aged accountant !!!

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi john sorry for the delay. Does your iTunes recognize or computer recognize it when you connect it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

CANNOT DOWNLOAD YOUR LATEST REQUEST "SEE MORE"
ARE BOTH MY COMPUTER AND IPOD TOO OLD ??

JOHN

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Joh, Does your computer recognize it when you connect it to your computer ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi John, Just checking. To answer your questions, No your computer and iPod are not too old.

What exactly happens when you connect your iPod to your computer ? Does your computer recognize your iPod or does it make any sound when you connect it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ashik

No recognition on i-tunes home page and not a sound from anywhere

John

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi John,
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then put your iPod to Disk Mode and iTunes will recognize it and allow you to restore it. Follow the steps below to put it to Disk Mode.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
  2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least six seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
  3. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
    Illustration of disk mode
  4. Connect the iPod to your computer; the screen on the iPod will should say "Do not disconnect".

Open iTunes and it will recognize it as asks you to restore it. Click OK or Restore.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik