TechFortunate
TechFortunate, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ years of experience. Apple certified support professional and Mac technician.
76698892

my ipod has frozen and will not turn off. all ive got is a

my ipod has frozen and will not turn off. all ive got is a blank screen
Category: Mac
Expert:  TechFortunate replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m glad to assist you today.

I strive to provide excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow up questions. Please take a moment to rate my service only when we have come to a satisfactory resolution.

I'm sorry to hear about your iPod. I would first suggest a hard reset - this will force the device to turn off. Once off, power it back on the normal way and see if the issue is resolved. We can continue troubleshooting after that if needed. So depending on the model of your iPod, the reset procedure will vary.

If it is an iPod Touch model, you'll need to hold the power button (usually on top) and home button (on the front) together for 10 seconds. Afterward, press the power button to restart.

If it's another model, you can provide me with further details about it and I may be able to determine which exact model you have. Otherwise, you can check Apple's website here (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1320) and find the procedure for your model.

Follow up with me as needed until we can come to a resolution. Thank you and good luck.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is an ipod touch and have tried that. it is makingb the noise to turn off but nothing happening.

Okay, thanks for that information.

It shouldn't make any noise when holding down the top button and the home button together. It should force the device to go off if you press them both down and hold for 10 seconds. Then when pressing the power button again, it should display the Apple logo and start the power on process.

Does it show anything on the display at any point?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the noise it is making is like the camera being used. bar at the top shows the time battery level.

Alright, so it does sound like it's in a "stuck" state. So does the force power off get the screen to go black?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continued to try when you were away and it is now back to normal. thank you.

Great news!! Let me know if you continue to have trouble with it and we can do a complete reset if necessary.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service so I can receive credit for helping you. Even by rating my service, we can continue our conversation. It does not end our communication.

Fielding