Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I can no longer receive emails on my Apple mac computer. Help!

Customer Question

I can no longer receive emails on my Apple mac computer. Help! System and Apple Computer installed 2010
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't Know. Its a desk top bought in 2010.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Barbara, Can we do a screensharing section and so I can remotely connect to your computer and help you to solve all your problems ? This is a one time session and very secure.

If you want to do a remote session, please click on this link : https://www.fastsupport.com/779718437

If asked to install, open or run then click Yes or OK or Allow or Accept and we will be remotely connected.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Barbara, If you've any trouble opening and running the above link, please let me know.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

Solved email issue via Remote Support !

.

To fix the blocked plugin issue, we need the user account's password. Since you don't have the password XXXXX need to reset it.

.

Since you don't have the discs, we need to create a new user account from Single User Mode. Then login to that new account and you can change the password XXXXX your original account.

Follow the steps below to create a new User Account in Single User Mode.

• Reboot your Mac
  • Immediately hold down the Command(Apple) + S key to boot into Single User Mode
  • When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Admininstrator account (hitting return after each line). Make sure you write the commands exactly and without any errors. You can print out this page if you want.

mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

-----------------------------------

Here are the commands in detail with key needed to press

mount-uw/
rm/var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown-hnow

-----------------------------------

After rebooting, you should be able to create a brand new Administrator account. Login to the new account. Then goto System Preferences > Accounts, select your old/original account and change the password. Then logout from Apple menu and login to the old/original account. Remember, You must logout from the new account and login to your old/original account.

Please let me know once you did that, so we can fix the blocked plugin issue. If you've any trouble doing any of the steps, please let me know.

.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have pressed Command(Apple} +S key and do not appear to have any text prompts. I have printed the page.Can you help?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Barbara, turn off your Mac. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and S at same time until it boot into a black screen with white letters. Then you can type the commands. Let me know....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still getting no where

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
At which step are you getting stuck ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first instruction Command(Apple) +S.Sometimes a small box appears but no text prompts.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Try again. Turn off your Mac and unplug the Power cable. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY after the startup sound, press and hold down Command and S keys at the SAME TIME for 20 seconds. Did that boot into Single User Mode ? That is a black screen with white letters
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Are you using a wireless keyboard ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What exactly happens when you hold down Command and S keys at the same time immediately after turn it on ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Barbara, I want you to try this. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R keys at the same time until you hear startup sound for two or three times. Let me know once you did that...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Which key is Optio?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
the alt key, left to Command key.

Make sure you hold down the Command and Option keys on the left side of the keyboard
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Which key is Option?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
the alt key is the option key, left to Command key.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, it is a wireless keyboard.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Ah, You said that you're not using a wireless keyboard. Is there any way to get a USB wired keyboard ? You can borrow one from your friend if you don't have any.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not at the moment, but will enquire.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Try to boot into Single User Mode with the wired keyboard when you get it. Let me know when you get one.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Barbara, I'm just checking. How is it going ?