Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Hi I have an HP CM1312nfi printer and the printer works

I have an HP CM1312nfi printer and the printer works fine but the scanner does not work. I'm on 10.6.8 and when I try to open HP Director it says you can't open it because it may be damaged or incomplete. The HP director icon is greyed out and as a no entry sign over the icon. I've tried to reinstall the original software and the update on the HP site. When I open the downloaded dmg file nothing happens.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 3 years ago.
Hi There! When you download the dmg it should mount and open a folder. Below are steps to make sure that it opens correctly. Once you have done that then the install should be easy.

First, check to be sure your Disk Image files are set to open with the correct program--in this case, DiskImageMounter. To check, highlight a disk image file and press (Command + I) to Get Info. In the Open with: section, if DiskImageMounter is not selected, choose it and click "Change All.

also this link below is the full update from hp that u can use as well

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=3558903&swItem=t2_100706_1
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi it is set as diskimagemounter. When I double click the dmg file it starts to expand as if its opening and then nothing else happens. I took a look at the link it says it's for 10.7. I'm on 10.6.8. Is it ok to use 10.7?

It should still work as it is just a update to the software. if not post back and i will look for another version.
Actually i just found the 10.6 one as well.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts.oid=3562006&swItem=ma_60835_3