Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

When I try to open iTunes on my laptop, I get a message "this

When I try to open iTunes on my laptop, I get a message "this file is corrupted or not installed correctly. Please re-install iTunes."

I have been using the system without problems since I bought it about 3 years ago and my iPod itself is working fine. Do I really need to re-install iTunes - if so, how do I do it and will I lose the 600 or so tunes listed in there?

Bob Hinge [email protected]
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Yes, you will need to reinstall, but you will not lose your songs, they are linked to your account.

To do the reinstall, do it the following way please

Click start, control panel, programs, uninstall a program

Uninstall the below software in the following order. Then, restart your computer.

iTunes
QuickTime
Apple Software Update
Apple Mobile Device Support
Bonjour
Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Once you have restarted, install iTunes again from my link below

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

Once done, it should then work.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.