Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My 2.7 GHZ i7 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Mac Book Pro is always very

My 2.7 GHZ i7 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3 Mac Book Pro is always very loud and hot despite running a few applications only, could i receive instructions on how to clean the fan and etc please?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

There is a grill located behind the fans that exits the machine, it can get clogged with dust there, so use a can of compressed air with a tube, stick it through the fan opening and blast the dust out the back of the machine.

You Don't need to remove the fans and if you do so, it will void your warranty/AppleCare as a user inflicted damage as only the hard drive and RAM are user replaceable in some models, RAM only in other models according to your manual.

So just do the instructions I gave with the compressed air, and it will ensure it is clean of dust, and will reduce the operating temperature.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wait, where is the grill?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It will be where the fans are at the back

Let me know if you have any difficulties please