Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I changed my passcode last night however I did not remember

Customer Question

I changed my passcode last night however I did not remember it so am unable to log into my ipad. Is theer anything I can do to reset the passcode
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 3 years ago.
Hello there! To reset your password XXXXX would need to restore your ipad to a previous back up. To do this please follow the steps below. Please remember to rate my answer :)

Connect ipad to computer.
open itunes
right click ipad in device list and select restore from backup.
once you do that itunes will have a window with a list of backups select the one that is before you added a password.

If this doesnt work then we will need to do a restore that will do delete everything.
Hold down both the Sleep Button (on top of your device) and the Home Button (on the front underneath the screen).
Keep them both held down from about 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)
Let go of the Sleep Button but keep holding the Home Button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the "Plus into iTunes" screen than you held it too long and will need to start again.)
If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad should now be in DFU mode.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have an itunes however there is no ipad on the devices

No worries below is the other way to do this :) connect iPad then Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not allow me to restore from Back up. When I hover over the Devices and the next options box comes up it is not highlighted so wont let me click on the restore button

I see there probably isn't any back ups on this computer so our only choice is restoring from New
Please do the following to restore your iPad to

Plug your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC and make sure iTunes is running.

ITunes will say it needs to restore tour iPad click yes once it is done your iPad will be unlocked. :)