Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

I have adobe CS4. I installed some of the programmes at an

I have adobe CS4. I installed some of the programmes at an earlier date and they all work fine. I installed the rest of them earlier today and am not able to use indesign which is the one i really need. I go to open it and it asks for my serial number on the back of the cd case. this number is XXXXX accepted. i have uninstalled and reinstalled (even to my desktop) three times. does anyone know why this one programme won't work? thank you. I'm on a mac 10.6.8
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 3 years ago.
Hello there! Sounds like some files are not being removed during the uninstall. Try the below solutions. If they work please positively rate my answer if they dont please post back so we can continue to troubleshoot.

Solution 1: Clear the SING Datastore folder.
Quit InDesign (force quit, if necessary).
Move the following folder to the desktop:
[Startup Disk]/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/SING/Mark II/Datastore
Note: This is in the Library folder on the root of your startup disk. There is a similar path in your user folder, but that is not the path you need to work in.
Relaunch InDesign.
Attempt to reproduce the problem.
If the problem is NOT resolved with the solution above, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Remove the SING component.
[Startup Disk]/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/SING/Mark II/SING.bundle
[Startup Disk]/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/SING/Mark II/SINGCore.bundle
Relaunch InDesign.
enter serial
Also if it still asks you to register just go through the process and if it says its already registered say ok.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI there

I've tried both of those options and I still get the red cross when I enter the serial number. I've checked with Adobe and the serial number is XXXXX and registered to the rest of the suite. It's nuts because it's only happening with this one programme. Everything else (photoshop etc) is fine. Do you have any more advice?

Yes what we will have to do is completely uninstall any trace of CS4 using a special script adobe made.

Below is a link with a how to and the the download for the script. Please follow the directions exactly as stated.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html?PID=3160356
Were you able to get your issue resolved? If yes please rate my answer if not please post here again so I can continue to help.