Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have suddenly lost the ability to send and receive email

Customer Question

I have suddenly lost the ability to send and receive emails
Category: Mac
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Do you use gmail service ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I do not use gmail
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.?

Is there any error or message?

If you go to your email website, are you able to to sign in and use your email?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a BT infinity hub, I retained my aol email address when I migrated from AOL as my ISP.

When I click onto my email icon on my iPad, I get the message 'the username or password XXXXX aol is incorrect', yet I have not changed any settings.

Do you also have a computer?

Did AOL cancel / close your AOL email account?

Are you able to sign in your AOL account at the website http://mail.aol.com/ and use your aol email there?

Edit: It looks like you are away; when you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
If you can let us know if your now able to access e-mail or still having issues it would be appreciated.
If your still having issues, are you able to access other internet contents through safari on your ipad?