Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

how do I mesh my ipad calendar with my lap top which is windows

Customer Question

how do I mesh my ipad calendar with my lap top which is windows based
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you mean synchronize your iPad calendar with your Laptop ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. I use the ipad for calendar items and want to have it on my windows lap top. Plus can I send my ipad calendar to others? Dave

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Dave, to sync iPad with your computer, you have to use iTunes. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : http://www.apple.com/in/itunes/download/

After installing iTunes, open it. Then connect your iPad to your computer with the USB cable. Select your iPad in iTunes, in the top right.

Under Summary tab, click Backup button. Make sure "To this computer" is selected. This will backup your iPad to your computer.

After that, click on Info tab next to Summary, Apps tab etc. Under Info tab, enable "Sync Calendars" option and select the application you want to sync calendars with. Then click Apply or OK button. If asked to Merge or Erase, click Merge. That will sync the calendars with your computer. (You can do the same for Musics, Movies, Contacts etc)

Not sure I understand your second question "Plus can I send my ipad calendar to others?"

What did you mean my others ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on ' select your ipad to iTunes no summary tab shows?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Did you select the iPad in top right in iTunes ? If not, click the iPad button and It is left to the iTunes Store button in the top left.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Dave, did you find it ? If you want, I will send you a screenshot of that button to you so you can easily locate it. Let me know..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it but did not actually download the calendar. objective is to use the ipad for scheduling, back it up on my laptop which is Microsoft then be able to email my calendar to friends.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Do you sync your calendar with iCloud ? If so, you will not be able to sync the calendar with iTunes. Try with iCloud Control Panel. Get it from here : http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1455
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not working. will try again later.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
On your iPad, go to Settings > iCloud and is Calendars option turned on ?