Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

HI MY MACBOOK BLACK PURCHASED IN 2008 HAS BLACK SCREEN AND

Customer Question

HI MY MACBOOK BLACK PURCHASED IN 2008 HAS BLACK SCREEN AND TOUCH PAD FREEZES COMPUTER AT FIRST A FORCED RESTART CURED BOTH AND USE OF WIRLESS MOUSE BUT NOW BLACK SCREEN IS PERMANENT FROM START UP EXCEPT IT DOES LIGHT UP FOR A SECOND AND WHEN YOU CLOSE LID AND REOPEN IT LIGHTS UP FOR A SECOND ALSO SHINNING A TORCH ON SCREEN SHOWS ALL ELSE IS STILL WORKING CAN THIS BE REPAIRED THANK YOU
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be repaired, it is the invertor that has failed (this controls the backlight).

It means there is no light working from behind the screen. Everything else is ok though.

Is the Macbook still under warranty?