Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am suddenly getting an Authentication Failed message (Error

Customer Question

I am suddenly getting an Authentication Failed message (Error Code 17900) on my Mac when trying to send or receive e-mails. I am invited to enter my .msn password, but this is not accepted. I am also unable to connect when using Mail on my Mac or iPad ('Mail can't connect to the account MSN'). How can I solve this?

Neil
Category: Mac
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Kamil and i will do my best to assist you.

May i remotely connect to your computer to troubleshoot the issue as that will be easier to diagnose?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not comfortable doing this. Hasn't this kind of error message been received by other people?

This error message is internal, and needs to be troubleshooted. At this stage, we don't know what is causing it?

If you do not want remote service, we can work through this chat BUT i will need to ask all the information here to help you diagnose it and then fix it.

Can you tell me if you are able to logon through the webmail by trying to login to www.outlook.com