Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

my 2 year old i padwont allow me to put my code word in.the

Customer Question

my 2 year old i padwont allow me to put my code word in.the area where i would normally type the code in just goes black so i am unable to use my beloved Apple I am a lady in her eighties so am very dependent on it so would be very grateful for any help you could give me
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I would like you please to do this as the first step.

Hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple Logo, then release the buttons.

Let the iPad restart and when it has, tell me if you are now able to enter your code and use the iPad please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it hasnt worked after 10 seconds it cuts out

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me what you meant please with after 10 seconds it cut out?

You mean when you did my instructions, you did not see the Apple Logo?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no I didnt get the apple logo and the screen just went black

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thats normal Dorothy, you need to keep holding the buttons till the Apple Logo shows.

It will show, it first cuts out, you keep holding the buttons, and then the logo will show, then you release the buttons.

Can you do it this way please.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I need to log off now, but have asked my collegue to take over.

Please let him know the response to my last instructions here if you still have problems.

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 3 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off
- Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPad) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.

Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit/Ok or click the Accept button.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you again,
- Jason