Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have just purchased a Lumix FZ200. I am trying to download

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Lumix FZ200. I am trying to download movie clips into 'Aperture' in my iMac & Mavericks. Stills download but not movie clips. Is this right? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

That is correct, Aperture is for photos only and hence will only download photos from the Lumix.

To capture the movie clips, you use a program such as Final Cut Pro or Debut Pro.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I'm not sure where I'm supposed to put my follow-up but perhaps here will do. You said that Aperture is for photos only but I already have movie clips stored in Aperture from another bridge camera now replaced by the Lumix. Can it be that Panasonic change their format and Apple have to address the change in their next Aperture upgrade? Your speed & grasp of the issue was good but, perhaps the actual advice not so reliable. Thanks anyway for the follow-up, Michael Scruton

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Aperture is all about photos, and an app for this.

I am not sure what you are doing with your clips in it, but it is a photo program.

It is possible the Panasonic is using a format that it cannot read though.