Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Hi! Can you please tell me how to connect a MacPro (OS 10.6)

Hi! Can you please tell me how to connect a MacPro (OS 10.6) with a Dell 30 inch monitor (3007WFP-HC) to a Sony Bravia TV (KDL-32EX503) so as to display photos and video on the TV in another room?
Very many thanks, John
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 3 years ago.
Hello there! You have a couple of options that you can choose from to get the photos and videos to show on another tv. If you have any questions please reply back and also remember to rate my response

1. A really long hdmi cable

2. A media device of some kind ( apple tv xbox ps4) something that can connect to your wifi and see all your shared files.

3. Smartphone some smart phones have the ability to connect to your network and display it on your tv through a cable attachment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Johnny!

Thanks for that: since I will still have to control the Mac display by keyboard or mouse while photos etc are dispayed on the Sony TV, will I need to get a 2-way HDMI adaptor for the Dell monitor?

Regards, John

Yes you well have to use an dvi/minidvi/minidisplay port to hdmi female that is on your video card then just a long cable to connect to the other room. If you tell me your macs model number i can give you link to the exact adapter you need.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, Johnny:

My MacPro is a quad-core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz bought in 2007. This uses Xeon 5100 processors and DDR 5100 667MHz memory.

It would certainly be v. helpful if you can advise me on the exact adapter to get.

Many thanks – John

You would need a dvi to hdmi adapter which is in the link below. Then just find the longest hdmi cable you can :) again please remember to rate my response :)

http://www.computercablestore.com/DVI_D_Male_to_HDMI_Female_PID49355.aspx
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Johnny!

V. helpful reply – now just need to find a UK source for the adapter and discover if my PCI card has 2 output sockets.

Regards, John