Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

MY I PAD HAS LOCKED ON PLUG INTO i tunes when I SWITCH IT

Customer Question

MY I PAD HAS LOCKED ON PLUG INTO i tunes when I SWITCH IT ON!
HELP.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The USB cable pointing to iTunes indicates that your iPad is unable to load the iOS (operating system). This usually happens when the system files are corrupted. You have to restore it from your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPad to working condition.

First, download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then follow the steps below to put your iPad to DFU Mode and restore it;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank (shows black screen). Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode.

.

If you have any trouble following the steps, please let me know.

.

Best regards,

Ashik

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Susan, I'm just checking. How is it going ? Were you able to restore it ?