Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I am a complete novice with technology ,I have an ipad 2 but

I am a complete novice with technology ,I have an ipad 2 but have, somehow, lost the apple app.I only ,mostly, use the ipad for reading on kobo but may at some time need the app. Help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the app icon call App Store? Or is it something else? Do you see the app icon called iTunes?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot see iTune icon?

How about iTunes Store icon? Or App Store icon?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only icons I see are blinkbox,ebay.

,kobo,metrolink,Skype,youtube and,at the bottom, messages,mail,safari I andmusic.

Press the Home button, then check. If needed, swipe from right to left (and/or left to right), and check.

If that does not work, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout
, and check.

If that still does not work, go to Settings > General > Restrictions
, and make sure iTunes... is turned ON, and App Store or Installing Apps is turned ON.

If all fails,
please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check. If needed, try all the above steps again.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you