Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

i need to upgrade to osx ?

Customer Question

i need to upgrade to osx ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What version of Mac OS X are you using now ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

imac 7,1

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
What version of OS X are you using ? You can find the version number from Apple menu > About This Mac ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

10.6 8

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I need one more information to answer your question correctly.

Could you please give me the details about the hardware specs of your Mac ? You can find the info from Apple > About This Mac > More Info.

Copy everything from there to here, like processor, ram etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Ann, Go to Apple menu and select About This Mac. Then click More Info window. This will open System Profiler. In there, check the Processor and RAM.

If you have Intel Core 2 Duo processor and atleast 2GB of RAM then your can install the latest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks is free from Apple. You can download and install it from App Store.

Open App Store from Applications folder. In App Store, search Mac OS X or Mavericks and you will get it. Download and install it from there. Just follow the onscreen instructions to install it.

(Before upgrading your Mac OS X, I'd recommend to back up all your important files to any external hard drive or USB flash drive)

If you don't have the Core 2 Processor or atleast 2GB of RAM, then you will not be able to install the Mavericks upgrade.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ann, I'm just checking. Do you need any more help ? If so, please feel free to ask.