Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi, I cannot import photos from my Samsung E330 onto my mac.

I cannot import photos from my Samsung E330 onto my mac. i have the cable plugged in, but the mac cannot even detect the E330, let alone import the photos.
Suggestions welcome.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello Matt,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If the Mac cannot detect the Samsung phone, try connecting to a different Mac or computer - this will help determine if the problem lies with the Mac or with the phone or cable. If it cannot connect to any computer, then try using a different USB cable. Let me know how you get on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help.

No - Our other Mac cannot see the phone. When I connected it to an old (10 yr old) PC laptop - a Dell Latitude D610 - a 'New Hardware Wizard' flashed up. It searched the internet but could not find software. When the cable was removed, it made a noise. This told me that the cable was OK.

I cannot fathom why the Mac cannot see it.

Regards,

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Matt,
On either Mac, can you see the phone in Finder?
On the Dell, can you see the phone in My Computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Neither Mac has it on Finder, and it is not in My Computer on the PC. It still got the 'New Hardware Wizard' up on the PC.

Regards,

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Matt,
unfortunately that indicates that the device itself is not recognisable for some reason - the memory may have become corrupted, if it was not disconnected using the safe method for example.
The only way around this is a factory reset, which will re-format the memory and allow the computers to recognise it again.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Matt,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?

Let me know,

Pete.