Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

HI On my Mac Air I have managed to download Ask.com and

HI

On my Mac Air I have managed to download Ask.com and it now tries to take
over from Firefox, how can I unistall it. Is this Malware?

Deb
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Deb! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. No, it's not malware, but a search engine website (like google.) Please try this: in Firefox, click on Firefox menu at the top, then click on Preferences..., then click on General tab. Then in the Home Page field, enter the main website you want, such as google.com or yahoo.com etc., then close it (and save if prompted), then check.

If needed, I can set up a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done this - will it uninstall Ask.com

Great. Yes, if you saw Ask in the home page and you have removed/changed it to something else you want, then it is removed. Also, one last thing: in Firefox, click on Tools menu at the top, then click on Add-ons, then check Extensions/Plugins there, and if you see any Ask item there, then uninstall/remove/disable it. If needed, check the Home page again.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I am there now. Many thanks

You're welcome. Great. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-itstuff/