Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I downloaded an update to iTunes this am, purchased a couple

I downloaded an update to iTunes this am, purchased a couple of albums and plugged my iPod in to synch. For some reason iTunes doesn't seem to be recognising my iPod, so the synching isn't happening. any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Which model of iPod is this ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The newest traditional style - bought in May this year. Now you mention it, I wonder if the device needs naming in order for it to be recognised on iTunes??

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Well, there are different model out there. Identify it from here and please let me know : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1353

No need to anything like naming inorder to recognize it. Let me know the model please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

iPod classic 160gb

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
First we can do a simple-reset on your iPod. Follow the steps below;

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds.

Then connect it to your computer. If it still not recognizing, then please connect your iPod to differnet USB port of your computer and also try another cable, if any.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Did that work Michele ? If not, please let me know and we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik

Still having problems. My laptop has recognised the iPod (apparently with the name HOLLAND'S i) but iTunes is still not recognising the device (and all options relating to device are still greyed out). Do I need to rename the iPod, and if so how do I do that?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Michele, No need to rename the iPod. It doesn't matter I believe.

Can you restart your computer and see if iTunes recognize it or not ?

If it still not recognizing it, then we can uninstall iTunes completely and reinstall a fresh version and that should fix it. No contents from your iTunes will be removed.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to after restart.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ashik

Sorry to be so long - laptop to a while to close and restart. Seems that restarting iTunes was the key to solving this, as syncing is now being done. Thanks for your help.

Michele

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You're most welcome Michele.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me Positively as Good or Excellent Service. So that I will get credit for helping you.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day,
Ashik