Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

Hi - Im in a pickle!! I have just downloaded something to

Hi - Im in a pickle!! I have just downloaded something to transport your texts from iphone 5 to my mac, downloaded it and now my mac has deleted my google home page (with saved sites on) and now I have this weird home page called genio?! Ive tried to remove it by trashing it but I can't find anywhere how to uninstal?? Seems like Ive been duped somehow!! But worried this is something nasty? Help!

Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Lesly! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. In Safari, please click on Safari menu at the top, then click on Preferences, then click on General tab. Then in the Homepage box, delete everything in it, then type google.com. Then close and check.

By the way, here is the google website http://www.google.com/

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - its now not recognising all my google mail accounts and passwords, Im trying to reset google mail but its not letting me in ... Im not ignoring you, Im having a bit of a mooch about to see if I can get it all back to how it was. Im so cross with myself for downloading that stupid thing! All I wanted to know was; can I save and print off my texts from my iphone 5c to my mac!!! ; )))

I'm sorry, it looks like you downloaded something bad to your computer. I'm a computer support tech; we did not provide that software that you've just downloaded/installed on your mac.

Can you please let me know what exactly happens when resetting your google / gmail password?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please do, then when you get in to my page, have a look at the tabs to see the responses from searching a reply, you'll also see this horrid home page (it has a red house as a logo) Ive had a gmail account for ages, I emailed gmail from my gmail (as they asked to verify its me) yet it still won't let me sign in ????

Or is it me!!!

Please click on the website below, then click on Join session, then allow the Elsinore / ScreenConnect remote program to run:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=fb91e41a-e0f9-4f93-83f2-421b8c9240ee

Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - Mac doesn't like it ..... says it doesn't recognise it ....

Sorry. Please go to the Apple logo / menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab, then select the Anywhere option, then try the website below again.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, its greyed out and won't let me open it, it says 'Elsinore.S...lient.jnlp' was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.

Oh - hang on - it says 'open anyway' .... Im going to click on that

OK, click on Open anyway, and continue. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Done it ..... anything showing your end?!

Sorry, no, can you try again:

, then Join session, then Open anyway, and install it. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no application set to open the URL relay://166.78.231.170:8041/fb91e41a-e0f9-4f93-83f2-421b8c9240ee/BgIAAACkAABSU0ExAAgAAAEAAQAvx1itD8wkJdCnlIcgTBVIjRTeTgmJAYAqyymRjJhRltK0DfBMM0Lq%2FirNDHjZhYGgqTxRTYepdO%2BhZ3hALCXIM1Wn0IsMes%2F8an7mcilbpTsHxHjnZ873drhyhG%2BoGjDZHJuP%2FeJr5JGjikxY3YZQT%2FFM%2BWVCLPgQq13wxm7Sd6fDykRVPouslqkzBoz3lMp25ueyHDFRhQe6PE7EN1Rd8%2Fknmw8l8%2BJvfyzJfFqLD4eyLpFknpbf8jgSwYRTU3sIO5VsbX4vkvsetMBc%2F9pYUUk%2B%2FkaatS9BB8gl0OGqr9LNqcfoklJL38QgjF90w3oJzKdbMTPp7PD9AD9RtI7G///Support/gmailmacs.

This is what comes up .... Ive unlocked my security to allow downloads from anywhere as well ???

I'm sorry, let's try another way:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

join.me/672-017-325

Please look at a lll the tabs that are open and you'll see the horrid home page and my search quests to get rid!

Working on issue. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much. s.