Freddy M.
Freddy M., IT Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Hi. I bought a 5S on eBay, but it has the Activation Lock Screen

Hi. I bought a 5S on eBay, but it has the Activation Lock Screen and needs the (original owner's ID and password. The seller refuses to make a refund.
I am sure that there is no way around the issue, so maybe my best bet is to sell it for spares?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Since restoring did not work you would need the original info, I suggest filing a dispute with eBay: Click Here

This will usually be found in favor of the buyer, the seller should not have sold the iPhone this way and you may get your money back that way.
Otherwise the best option would be to sell it used for parts.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not of much help, since I bought it as a gust of PayPal, and would have to try their Resolution Centre.
I had tried this before, without any success.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Do not go through paypals resolution center use eBays, you are forced to create an account on eBay to buy. Use the resolution center I sent you to. Unfortunately as I mentioned you only have a few options, get the original information, file a dispute, or sell it for parts. I wish there was something else you could do but there simply is not and I have absolutely no control over that. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my time - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site, or the fact those are your only options.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It seems that I have to use the PP res centre.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You should be able to do that as well but I am not sure why it is forcing you to. You can call 08707 307 191 to do the dispute with them over the phone. eBay and PayPal are the same company so it should not matter which you use.
.