Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have locked myself out of my Ipad 4 cannot restore through

I have locked myself out of my Ipad 4 cannot restore through iTunes as I have still got find my ipad on how do I unlock the ipad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you try restoring by putting it to DFU Mode ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is DFU mode (no)

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Device Firmware Upgrade mode. You have to force-restore your iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) model, which will erase everything from it and install fresh iOS. There is no way to unlock it if you don't know the passcode. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. Follow the steps below to put it to DFU mode and restore it.

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank or shows black screen. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode and prompt you to restore on iTunes.