Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My Apple IPhone will not send some messages and remains green

Customer Question

My Apple IPhone will not send some messages and remains green and only the messages which type in blue go. How do I change this
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 3 years ago.

Mike the Mac Medic :

Go to Settings / Messages turn on iMessage and also Send as SMS. Let me know after

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

your suggestion did not work, the message test background is green and only goes is the background colour is blue !!!

See here blue means it is an iMessage, green means it is an SMS... it totally depends on the recipient. Is the recipient using an iPhone phone number or is it an iMessage to a computer or other device?
If you select the littel "!" next to the failed message it should ask if you want to send as Text Message or other method which may go through
Also turn on MMS Messaging in Settings/ Messages