Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Can you help please? I recently had my hard drive replaced.

Can you help please? I recently had my hard drive replaced. I forgot to save my itunes library so I required software to get the songs on my ipod back into itunes. Then it all got chaotic because I then found a whole load of duplicated that were on the itunes match. I have now unchecked the songs I don't want on my ipod and synced it to itunes. My problem is there are about 5000 songs which are checked on my list but not on my ipod after syncing it. I don't know what do do about retrieving these checked items onto my ipod. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
The easiest way around this problem is to remove all duplicates from your iTunes library and then sync all songs with your iPod again.
To do this, see:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2905