KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

You asked me to change my password ***** you said their was

You asked me to change my password ***** you said their was unusual movements on my account. This was done yesterday(9th) since that was done I can't send email, though it comes in,and I.get in.to my account using my password ***** email address
Category: Mac
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.
KamilAnwar1 :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer

KamilAnwar1 :

Who is your email with and which email program are you using to send mails?

Customer: Email is with BT(changed recently from BTYahoo)
KamilAnwar1 :

And on your computer which program are you using to send/receive the mails?

KamilAnwar1 :

May i remotely connect to your computer to help you fix this issue?

Customer: Computer is Apple IPad and account is with Bt and I use BTMail
KamilAnwar1 :

So this problem is on your iPad?

Customer: Yes
KamilAnwar1 :

Just to re-confirm, you can not send emails from iPad but you can receive them?

Customer: The emails that come to me do not come on e mail button which produces a white box stating cannot connect address or password ***** but Ican access my account using address and password ***** received emails appear in grey on L hand side
KamilAnwar1 :

Do you mean the mail icon on the iPad?

Customer: Yes
KamilAnwar1 :

KamilAnwar1 :

The one i sent in the picture above, is that the one you click on?

Customer: Yes but it responds with the white box I showed yiou
KamilAnwar1 :

I didn't see any whitebox.

KamilAnwar1 :

On the iPad you can only access email by clicking the mail icon as i sent above, if it is working fine with the mail icon then where is it not working?

Customer: It is not working to or from email icn and I can't send any emails it just shows up the white box
KamilAnwar1 :

Can you go to Settings, Mails, contacts and calendars

KamilAnwar1 :

then tell me what do you see under Accounts

Customer: When in mail etc accounts give me 5different accounts such as yahoo etc ending with Aei
KamilAnwar1 :

Do you recognize all 5 and do you use all 5? Those 5 means, you have 5 accounts added on your iPad.

Customer: Ii only have one account with BT and their email address
KamilAnwar1 :

Can you then first delete unwanted accounts

KamilAnwar1 :

by tapping each account, selecting delete and confirming it

KamilAnwar1 :

let me know when done

Customer: Which of the accounts listed is BTicon
KamilAnwar1 :

They are listed in Settings, -> Mails, contacts, calendars under Accounts

KamilAnwar1 :

I don't know which one that is but you can delete all, so we can re-add the correct one back

Customer: I don't recognise which is BT icon
KamilAnwar1 :

delete it then

KamilAnwar1 :

it would be better to delete all if you don't recognize any of those

Customer: There is no delete button on page
KamilAnwar1 :

It will appear after you tap the account and look at the bottom

Customer: I get a list of 6providers but they don't delete
KamilAnwar1 :

Go to Settings

KamilAnwar1 :

then tap

KamilAnwar1 :

Mails, contacts and calendars

KamilAnwar1 :

then under Accounts

KamilAnwar1 :

tap each account one by 1

KamilAnwar1 :

and look at the bottom to delete it

Customer: I have tapped each one but nothing appears at bottom to delete when tapped they just ask me to subscribe
KamilAnwar1 :

Where are you doing this? Can you list down your steps from start

Customer: I'm doing this from my IPad I've gone into.settings ,mail contacts and calendars and pressed account which gives me the 6names
KamilAnwar1 :

Are you talking to me from your iPad or from your computer?

Customer: ive gon into settings pressed mail contacts etc gone into account which gives me Yahoo etc
KamilAnwar1 :

Customer: Did you. Get my last reply
KamilAnwar1 :

Customer: Since we have been in contact emails are coming in but I can't accessthem
KamilAnwar1 :

Customer: I've been into setting,into mail contacts and then to acconts(Yahoo etc abc can't delete them.itap and they respond with white
KamilAnwar1 :

can you power off the iPad and then power it back on and then try to delete the accounts?

Customer: 1settings 2mail contacts etc then account,then all 6of yahoo etc which on tapping give a white box asking me to sign up
KamilAnwar1 :

I think you are clicking on the add account option

KamilAnwar1 :

instead of clicking add account, can you just click the account name then look at the bottom for delete account option

KamilAnwar1 :

step 1: settings

KamilAnwar1 :

step 2: mails, contacts and calendars

KamilAnwar1 :

steps 3: under accounts, tap the account name, (don't tap icloud), leave icloud and tap other ones.

KamilAnwar1 :

step 4: scroll down by sliding finger up on the ipad, and then tap delete account

Customer: I I have just replied that I am.
Customer: i have just replied that as you suggested I went into settings
KamilAnwar1 :

I am not aware of such an option in iPad so i will opt out to let another expert assist you - sorry. Please do not rate this response until you get an answer.

Customer: I am doing this on.my IPad and have gone into settings and mail contacts etc and found on accounts I can't delete on tapping
KamilAnwar1, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer / tablet professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to send email at the BT email website http://www.bt.com/?

Please try this on the iPad: press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Then go to Settings app icon, then Mail, Contacts, Calendar

, then tap on your Yahoo account

, then scroll down as needed, then tap on the SMTP... option (not password *****) in the Outgoing ... section

, then tap on Password, and update with your new password,

, then see if you can send an email message now.

If needed, please click on the website below for an example:

https://support.jubjub.com/knowledgebase/43/How-to-update-SMTP-Outgoing-Server-settings-on-iPhone-or-iPad.html

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,