John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have my iCloud and Apple account on one e-mail which works

I have my iCloud and Apple account on one e-mail which works and my itunes on another which I share with my ex ! I want to start afresh with a new itune account and keep my iCloud stuff the same how do I do this ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
To verify: you want a completely new iTunes account or to merely update the email on the account. I ask because if you open a new account you will lose access to any purchases (apps, etc...)
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think I have any other option, my ex has the password ***** the itunes so I'm stuck unable to update everything ? Does that mean I'll loose my iPhoto's too ? Is there no way off splitting from him if you know what I mean ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't mind loosing apps or even music but the photos is what I'm most attached too ? They are on iPhoto on my desktop is that connected to itunes ?
You won't lose access to what is already downloaded but sadly there is no way to split an account in the way you would wish. How many devices use this account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a desktop/iPhone and IPad and he has the same I think ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that mean I keep the music too ?
Ok,
Is your desktop a Mac?
Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please?
Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen
Select "About This Mac"
In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not at home, can we continue this conversation in 10 days? I'm currently on holidays so only with my handheld devices but I really want to sort this all out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And yes it's a Mac !
Ok. Let me reply shortly with some general instructions for you.
John
Ok,
You can create a new Apple ID on the following site:
https://appleid.apple.com
On your Mac,
Open iTunes
Click the Store menu and choose Sign out.
Then sign back into the store with the new ID you created.
On your mobile devices,
Tap Settings
Tap iTunes & App Store
Tap the ID listed and choose Sign Out
Then sign in with your new ID.
You should be all set.
If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When we are finished, please give my answers a positive rating so I will be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.
Thanks and good luck,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that and Apple ID is changed but when I go to apps or anything it uses my old e-mail address and says to add password ***** *****@******.*** not *****@******.*** ? Surely their is a way to create a new itunes ? Everything stays the same on my devices ?
Anything you've previously downloaded is tied to the old address, sadly, as I've mentioned before. You will need to redownload any apps tied to the old ID.
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's just not working ? I think I'll take it into a store , thanks for your help anyway x
How is is not working? If you can lead me through what you are doing and where you get the message then it's likely a simple fix.
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I went to settings and did what you said so my new Apple ID is set up. I'm now confused how to change itunes so I go into App Store and click on an app and it says please enter password ***** the iTunes Store but it contains my old e-mail address ?
Ok so if you tap the Settings app them tap "iTunes & App Store" it shows the old ID?
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it shows the new one that's what's weird ?
Ok. Go into the App Store.
Go to the Featured page
Scroll down to very bottom
Does it show new or old ID?
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I got it figured! I was trying to update apps from old account, I see I need to delegate them and re-install them.
Thank you so much for your support , feel very relieved to sort this last bit of confusion out !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for your support , feel very relieved to sort this last bit of confusion out ! Happy to complete now !
Yes exactly! All old apps must be re downloaded. Glad to hear you got it sorted. :)
John
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
John