Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have a mac with MS Outlook 2010 mac version that was working

I have a mac with MS Outlook 2010 mac version that was working ok but now keeps crashing when I try to download my emails.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Mike the Mac Medic :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The info request is:

OSX 10.9.4

Processor: 3.2GHz Intel Core i3

Memory: 12GB 1333MHz DDR3

Macintosh HD

Ok I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer then immediately hold the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk, then if successful Repair Permissions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that but all those suggestions didn't work. Although this did:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/outlook-crashes-and-wont-open/b02add03-e784-4a6f-860b-80d2978fcd3a

Thanks for your help though.

Sidney

I didn't say that would work I said we needed to check that first. Permissions problems can cause that too. I would have suggested what you just did after that. Great glad you fixed it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

Ok good luck, cheers!