Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

i put wronge pass wword in now i pad diabled how do i get it

Customer Question

i put wronge pass wword in now i pad diabled how do i get it back to normal
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unfortunately your only option is to force-restore your iPad to factory settings through iTunes (from computer) by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) model, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. There is no other way to enable it again.

If you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

On your computer, first download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/downloads/

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  • After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank or shows black screen. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode (i.e black screen). Also, it will be unresponsive in DFU Mode.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.